Monday, January 28, 2008

Why I didn't want a blog


Here's a picture of my eye, illuminated by the eerie blue glow of the computer screen.
I have to admit that I'm not completely sure if this blog thing is the right thing for me. I mean, I wonder if it's a little self-centered to want to put yourself out there online. Isn't it a little attention-seeking? I already know that I'm attention-seeking anyway. But I am encouraged by what Mike wrote about Elder Holland's comments about blogs.

Also, since I'm already quite active on Facebook, I thought that blogging would be kind of redundant, since Facebook has the "Notes" feature that can be easily used as a blog if I feel like it. But I can see how there are some things that I might want to say that don't seem quite right for the Facebook audience, for whatever reason (such as my last post).

So here I am on Blogger. I would actually really love to know if people are reading my blogs (I like attention, remember?) so feel free to leave comments.

3 comments:

Linden said...

I'm one of your readers... I've got you in my Google Reader already. :)

I don't think blogging is attention-seeking at all, although I supposed it can depend on your purpose. My purpose is to stay in touch with my friends, share new technology I come across, and share some of the differences between Deutschland and Missouri/America that I have discovered.

What's your purpose for joining the blogosphere?

P.S. I love your blog title!

red said...

Oooo, your eye up close. You enjoy doing that don't you? hee hee.

triciab said...

Hey, great blog! I have one too...its www.scotinsaltlakecity.blogspot.com