Sunday, August 31, 2008

For perhaps the first time ever...

... I find myself with basically nothing to say. I keep thinking about what I am going to write next on this blog and I don't really have much to contribute at this time. The past few days I've been fighting loneliness. I have rediscovered just how long the hours can be when you are lonely. At this point in my life I feel like the people I need, want and miss are basically inaccessible, because of either geography or timing. But I've also found myself clinging to beautiful promises, finding perspective and getting a bit of hope. These are cycles that repeat, sometimes in a matter of minutes. But honestly, all's well. It's kind of telling that I have so much freedom and so many resources that I have time to sit around and worry about the future. Many people on this earth don't have that luxury.

So keep those prayers going on my behalf and keep the e-mails and text messages coming my way. And, most of all, your presence, if possible.

3 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

I might be coming up north for a wedding on the 27th...perhaps meet up for lunch and meet my family?

The Edwards said...

You are welcome anytime!!!! Tell me when to come to you too!

i i eee said...

You don't know me, but I make it a constant goal to meet new people whenever I can. If you're ever feeling adventurous, drop me a line at softspot4heels at yahoo dot com.

Times like this remind me of a favorite Hafiz poem:

Don't
Surrender
Your loneliness so quickly.
Let it cut more
Deep.

Let it ferment and season you
As few human
Or even divine ingredients can.

Something missing in my heart tonight
Has made my eyes so soft,
My voice so
Tender,

My need of God
Absolutely
Clear.