Saturday, April 12, 2008

Six-Word Memoir: Round One

I was invited by Linden to write a six-word memoir. It's kind of a large task: summing up your life in six words. As I lay in bed last night before I went to sleep, I thought of a couple of possibilities:

(1) Debbie said she's a good egg.

This one fits the criterion of six words, and I like the generally cryptic nature of it, since this is a memoir that only a couple of people, mostly Erin, would get. But it only summarizes recent happenings in my life, not my life and personality as a whole.

(2) I came, I saw, I conquered.

This one also consists of six words, but it's not really a summary of my life, just a familiar phrase.

(3) Blessed girl should relish her opportunities.

This one smacks more of advice than memoir.

That's what I've come up with so far. I'm not ready to make my final choice of any of the above as my official six-word memoir. I'll keep thinking.

No comments: