Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hello Kitty Bandaids



This is a Hello Kitty bandaid that I have on my computer, just to make me happy.
I believe in the power of Hello Kitty bandaids. I mean, it's pretty much impossible to feel sad while you're wearing an adorable pink bandage bearing the image of Hello Kitty and/or her friends. I bought a pack of them at Target a while ago and I carried a couple around with me, just in case I ran into somebody who needed one. It has nothing to do with whether you have a cut or something. You can put a bandaid on anyway.

Today I gave a Hello Kitty bandaid to one of my friends in church. I pulled out all of my best techniques: I gave her chocolate and a Hello Kitty bandaid, and scratched her back and her head. Actually, I really like doing these things for people, and she was so responsive. I hope it helped.

I remember one time I was watching my next-door neighbor and her daughter (a little girl at the time). The daughter had fallen down and skinned her knee or something, and the mom "kissed it better." Then the girl said something like, "Now it hurts here," and pointed to her cheek...

For a long time I have wished that I could just get some magical bandaids that would cure whatever was ailing the world. Wouldn't it be great if you could just slap a big old bandaid on the world and cry "Heal!" and all the problems of the world would be solved? World hunger, heal! Contention, heal! Abuse and violence, heal! As much as I desire to be able to solve all the world's problems in one go, I don't have that power. But I do have some Hello Kitty bandaids.

(Check out this awesome article by Spencer W. Kimball.)

No comments: