Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The man I want

Let me just preface this blog post by saying that if any person that I'm dating ever reads this in the future, you shouldn't take this as a set-in-stone list. Some of the items on this list are more important than others. So if you're my potential mate, don't think that this is a list of qualifications that you have to perfectly fill.

I want a man who:
  • is a worthy priesthood and temple recommend holder.
  • knows the scriptures and wants to study them and discuss them, by himself and together with me and our family.
  • is about the same height as me.
  • sings baritone, or bass, or tenor. :)
  • plays the piano better than me, but doesn't play the guitar better than me. (Okay, actually it would be cool if he played guitar better than me.) Other instruments are a bonus.
  • has empathy. It is so kind when I can see the look of empathy on another's face.
  • speaks kindly of people; doesn't gossip.
  • appreciates appropriate entertainment.
  • isn't one of those people who just looks at the hymn book instead of singing in church.
  • laughs at my jokes when they are funny. He doesn't have to laugh at the nonfunny ones. I make quite a few of those.
  • fills up the empty feeling in my arms.
  • enjoys holding hands, touching, kissing, and other forms of physical affection.
  • is trustworthy. I would like to feel safe to tell him anything I have on my mind.
  • appreciates education and will read to our children and participate in their education.
  • doesn't necessarily know about linguistics. I already know about that. I'd like to learn something new from him. But he should probably be willing to listen about linguistics for long periods of time. :)
  • quietly serves at things that need to be done, even though that service doesn't bring him a lot of recognition.
  • doesn't feel the need to show off. He's secure about who he is.
  • sincerely loves others and is interested in serving them.
Well, that's quite a list, so I guess I'll leave it there. I'd love to get comments.

No comments: